♥ .Christmas Cheers. ♥
It’s snowing and we are enjoying…New January is around the corner!!
For some its holiday season and for some it’s snowing season and for us, it is both!! 😀
This holiday would not be same for you when hoping for some snow was remained a hope. After reading this post white stuff will start falling at your home. It will happen, believe me.
How to make your own Snow???
I have clipped some exhilarating, colorful and magical ideas here that will make your Christmas wish come true….. yes, you will have snowfall holidays!
Create your own fake snow on Xmas day…What.. Fake Snow!!!
Yes, your own snow from Clean Diapers in Seconds…Diapers?? Are you kidding?
Truly speaking even I did not know the science laid inside my little K’s diaper before reading on Google. While searching DIY Christmas decoration ideas I got to know how to make fake snow at home from diapers. Believe me, it is one of the easiest ways to harvest artificial snow. Though to harvest a fake snow we have plenty of options, and disposable diapers are very common and most available household thing in my and any other mommy house. To create your own winter wonderland we need one simple and most magical ingredient called Sodium Polyacrylate. This magic substance can also be found in baby diapers.
One of the best things which I liked about this artificial snow is the easy cleanup. It washes right off of hands without any slimy or sticky residue. Your cravings or wish for winter play with snow even in the hot season or where snow is hard to come by will be now accomplished through this fake snow. Keep scrolling to find out how we can make our own fake snow!
Materials Used in Sodium Polyacrylate Snow:-
- Large, deep container (highly recommended)
How to make your own Snow on Christmas Eve ???
- Click here to buy a pack of disposable diapers if you don’t have a diaper baby or you are not a Disposable Diaper Parent.
- Cut out the bottom of your diaper. You may notice a crystal-like substance called Sodium Polyacrylate and usually called superabsorbent polymer or SAP. Carefully peel out that white, fluffy, cottony stuff. Place it inside of a deep and larger container.
- Add water to the material. Add more water until you have the desired amount of wetness. The white fluffy stuff will become mushier and mushier.
- Use your hands to smoosh up the white stuff. It will feel slightly wet and squishy. Keep smooshing and soon you’ll have a bunch of fake snow.
- To make your Sodium Polyacrylate snow more realistic and extra cold by putting this “snow” into the freezer.
- Now It’s ready to play and you can see the happiness on your kids’ faces. Have Fun with your fake snow!
“I kept four medium sized diapers to make Sodium Polyacrylate snow but believe me single diaper provided a full box of fake snow. It’s really easy to make and you can also store it for days. Make sure you take a large container to make fake snow. “
Mix Colors into your Fake Snow- Rainbow Snow
You could also make the colorful snow. Choose Black, Blue, Pink or whatever color and Glitter you want. Just mix the water with any color and then mix the colored water with the sodium. Create a fluffy fake snowstorm in a variety of colors.
Purchase Snow from Amazon
If you are not a diaper parent or don’t have diapers in your house, purchase Sodium Polyacrylate Snow from Amazon to make fake snow. Click Here.
A difference in using Powder is that it makes fluffy “snow,” while the white granules create slushy “snow.”
Helpful tips on how to make fake snow at home:-
- While purchasing diapers make sure they contain Sodium Polyacrylate.
- The Fake snow is non-toxic but also not eatable. Make sure your kids don’t eat it as ‘Non-toxic’ is not the same as ‘good for you and your baby’.
- When you are done playing with fake snow, it’s safe to throw it away. Fake snow is superb at clogging drains. So don’t flush, just throw it away in the garbage.
- If you want drier snow, you can reduce the amount of water the polymer can absorb by adding a small amount of salt.
- Fake snow may be dry by putting into the freezer and you can rehydrate it by adding water.
- Make sure you use large size of a container.
Make More Fun Than You Can Imagine on this Christmas Eve
I also learned few more fun ways that you can make fake snow. Make snow with things you already have at home in less than five minutes:
- FROM PAPER TOWELS
You need: about 8-10 sheets of damp paper towel sheets
How to make: mix these sheets in a food processor until small little pieces form.
- FROM SEA SALT
You need: coarse sea salt
How to make: sprinkle anywhere you want.
- FROM BAKING SODA
You need: 1 cup of baking soda
How to make: add baking soda to a bowl, and drop in 2 tablespoons of water at a time, mix well. Continue adding and mixing water until a ‘snow’ consistency forms. These fun ways are also baby –friendly if they put things in their mouth.
Now you know how to make snowy holidays. Share “How to make your own snow post” with your loved ones who are also hoping to have snow on the holidays.
New Mom wishing you a wonderful Snowy Snowy Holiday season~ filled with love, magic, Joy and now…. snow!
Merry Christmas ~ Happy Holidays ~ Many More!